Monday, July 5, 2010

Kanarra Creek


OVERVIEW:
Kanarra Creek is one of my favorite summer time day hikes.  The water is cold but when the  temperature is 105 quite refreshing.  Kanarra Creek is a scenic creek that flows through some pretty slot sections.  The highlight of the hike is by far the rare desert waterfall and there are plenty of them on this hike. 

WHERE:
Kanarraville Utah

When:
Best in the late spring through early fall.  The water is cold year round.

Description:
Kanarra Creek is a moderate day hike.  It almost would be considered a good family hike except for two major obstacles in the canyon. Both being climbing the rock jam waterfalls. Even with the obstacles a family could easily hike to first and see a pretty slot section and a beautiful waterfall.   Most of the hike is either in the creek or often crossing the creek hiking along side it.  The water is semi fast moving, cold and at most up to a foot high.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is one of my favorite hikes of all time! I love it! Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to take Justin on it!

Paz said...

I just stumbled upon your blog while looking for hikes in Utah. Not only are your pictures AMAZING, but I found the information I was looking for! Planning a cross country trip in August and was hoping to do a little hiking in Utah. Great blog!!